Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mutiny by the Girls

So, it is snowy here in the Midwest.  We have had about 2 steady weeks where the ground has been covered with the powdery, white stuff.  The kids have been in heaven.  The dogs like to frolic and play  but it is short lived.  The Girls, well for some reason they seem to think that I am to blame for the cold and snow.  For the most part, they have hung out under our deck where there is no snow and we have spread straw for them to borough down in.  When we go to shut the coop at night, we get the typical clacking and clucking of them expressing their distaste at our choice of weather conditions.  I guess they thought they were going to live in Florida, I don't really know.  But for the past few days, they have actually been storming my deck door demanding access to the house!  I guess the word has spread that we have heating inside our home and they just don't feel they should have to settle for heat lamps and straw.  They might be chickens (and one duck that thinks she is a chicken), but they are not uncivilized.  So, while I am working away at the kitchen table I start hearing the faint taps at the glass door.  Then the taps increase in number and sound.  Before long, this is what I am faced with at my door.
Now how do you say no to those faces??  I think the Girls want a heated coop next year.

Adopt a Pet  You never know what you will find!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment